Job Title: Education and Events Coordinator
Are you ready to share your passion for food and the environment with local community groups? We’re seeking an energetic individual to lead our community focused education projects and events within Hammersmith and Fulham.
Responsible to: Nourish Hub Manager (London)
Responsible for: Sessional staff and volunteers
Location: UKHarvest’s Nourish Hub in London
Salary: Circa £35,00 – £37,500/annum
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours a week). Some evening and weekend work will be required.
The Education and Event Coordinator is a key member of the Hub staff, reporting directly to the Hub Manager. As an integral part of the team, the role holder will lead on the development and delivery of community led projects. The role will include intensive community engagement and outreach in Hammersmith and Fulham and the and delivery of our community education programmes, projects and events. These programmes include co-designing, awareness raising and delivery of learning programmes; community capacity building through events and campaigns, community development and training; nutritional education projects, environmental conservation activities, such as how to reduce household food waste.
• Lead on the implementation of engagement and participation with local community groups and the community itself.
• Managing the development and delivery of our Community Education and Learning Programmes
• Ensure the delivery of high quality community work that includes nutritional advice and support to local communities and enables local people to be empowered in their ability to uptake offers to improve their quality of life and life chances.
• Teach groups which include low-income and marginalised groups the basics of food and kitchen safety and food preparation and/or the basics of nutrition and food waste.
• Assist the Hub Manager in identifying and developing partnerships, funding applications and marketing opportunities for the Community Education and Learning Programmes.
• Ensure professional best practice and compliance with internal finance, people and culture, project management systems and all policies and procedures.
• Line management of sessional staff and volunteers who support the delivery of our Programmes.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing ‘Education and Events Coordinator’ in the subject. When completing your cover letter, you should demonstrate/evidence the extent to which you have the necessary qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills identified in the Person Specification matrix on page 4.
Indicative timeline of recruitment
Closing date for applications: Thursday 7th December 2023
Interviews will commence: 11th – 22nd December
Role will begin: A.S.A.P